This 4-week course is the perfect introduction to self-defence for women who want to learn with other beginners in a fun, safe and supportive environment.
We believe the best results come from empowering the individual. So during this short course, you will learn various essential self-defence techniques as well as relevant skills that directly relate to your lifestyle and circumstances.
What to expect from this 4 Week Self Defence Course -
- We teach you basic self-defence moves that you can put into practice right away.
- You will train with a small beginner’s group for a more personalised and thorough experience.
- We focus on relevant and realistic street-smart self-defence.
- Freedom to ask questions as we go so you get the answers you need and don’t get lost in the group.
- To improve your confidence, focus, fitness, balance, flexibility & co-ordination.
This 4 week self defence course covers:
- Introduction to course outline
- Discussion of desired outcomes
- Body language & communication
- Dismissing myths about assaults
- Emergency information and contacts
- Basic grab defence and strikes
- Personal safety
- Practical security
- Self defence physiology
- Revision of basic grab defence and strikes
- Introduction to choke defence and escapes
- Knife and gun defence
- The power of intention
- Conditioning your body
- Conditioning your mind
- Revision of choke defence and escapes
- Knife and gun defence training
- Introduction to ground defence
- Intermediate grab defence and strikes
- Hard weapon / soft target
- Hands on practical work
- Basic ground defence
- Turn fear into freedom
Is there any contact in this class?
There is precision striking on training pads and bags. During the 4 week course we wil be testing self defence moves so there is some contact with others in the program. There will also be light contact if we go through basic knife defence but there is no point in the class that you will be hurt.
I have never had martial arts lessons before, is this right class for me?
We run through skills for women wanting to learn street smart self defence skills in a supportive environment. If you would like to gain some new skills with a great group of people then this is the program for you.
This 4 week self defence course suits all fitness levels and little to no level of previous experience.
What should I wear to class?
Participants should wear comfortable and loose fitting work out clothes. Please wear closed toe shoes when possible.
How long are the classes?
Each class runs for 60 minutes. We have 1 class per week over 4 weeks.
Where do you run this program?
We run classes at different locations around Victoria, Australia. We will send through a confirmation email upon booking which includes a map of the location.
Do you run this for groups?
Got a group of 6 or more? If you have a group of at least 6 people. You can select your own dates. Please contact us for this option.
How do I book?
Check out the course dates. To book a course, simply click on the date.
"We all happily completed the self defence workshop with more confidence in our ability to handle difficult situations. This workshop is very empowering for young women like myself and im grateful i got to learn new skills knowledge from the one and only Andre, so thank you !!"
- Gabrielle Grant, 4 Week Self Defence Course
Educational and Empowering!
I love it and I loved that my mum has signed up with me and she loved it too!
We can't wait for next weeks class :)
- Ashley, 4 Week Self Defence Course.
"My daughter and I enrolled in a four week course run by the Self Defence Hub. Our instructor, Andre was a wonderful teacher who provided clear and useful instructions whilst creating a friendly, cooperative environment with the other students; it was both an enjoyable and empowering experience. I would highly recommend this course for all women interested in self defence."
- Penny, 4 Week Self Defence Course
"Just finished the 4 week self defence course and have walked away with a wealth of knowledge and techniques. Andre has been an absolute gem at teaching us safe and effective methods all the while challenging us and boosting our self confidence. I would highly recommend this course and vouch for the high level of value the takeaways are."
- Djulia, 4 Week Self Defence Course