This private self defence class will teach you practical and effective defence techniques designed to get you out of potentially dangerous situations.
The benefits of having private self defence classes as opposed to our regular group classes are:
- Personal Teacher Attention - Many students flourish under one-to-one tuition. With a private class you can progress as quickly or as slowly as you desire.
- Customised lessons to suit your needs - Your class will be completely customized depending on your situation and desire to learn different aspects of self defence. We tailor and the lessones based on what you prioritise as critical self defence skills and work through your questions during each class.
- Classes can be held at our private location or outdoors.
- and ANYONE CAN DO IT!
Private self defence classes cover:
- Assess dangerous situations
- Escape from simple holds
- Defend against a knife attack
- What to do if you’re pinned to the wall
- Complete simple but effective strikes to disable the opponent
This is a private self-defence session with our warm and approachable 5th Dan black belt instructor Andre. You are welcome to bring a friend to participate with you at no extra cost.
I enjoyed the experience and now feel much more confident in defending myself... I highly recommend it to beginners.
Is there any contact in this class?
There is precision striking on training pads and bags. During the class I wil be showing you how to disengage with your opponent. In order to do so, I will be grabing your wrist and shoulders (with your permission). There will also be light contact if we go through basic knife defence but there is no point in the class that you will be hurt.
I have never had martial arts lessons before, is this right class for me?
Yes. If you have ever wanted to know how to defend yourself in the street or home, this is the class for you. We will customise each private class to your needs. Unlike group classes you will have the teachers full attention and can ask all your questions for different situations.
This private self defence class suits all fitness levels and all levels of experience.
What should I wear to class?
Participants should wear comfortable and loose fitting clothes and shoes you can move around in.
How long are the classes?
Your first lesson will run for 1 hour. This gives us extra time to gain insight on what you require. How you like to learn and what outcomes you require from your lesson(s).
Can I bring a friend?
Yes, all private self defence classes are open for you to bring a friend. If you have a group of friends who would like to join you, consider booking a self defence party for women instead.
Where do you run classes?
We usually run classes outdoors. A few set outdoor locations we like to use are listed below however, if you would like an indoor venue, we can book a community centre room for extra privacy.
- H D Graham Reserve - Altona Meadows
- Altona Beach - Altona
- Hatt Reserve - Williamstown
- Queens Park, Moonee Ponds
H D Graham Reserve, Altona Meadows
Altona Beach, Altona
L.A. Parker Reserve, Williamstown
Other locations we cover are Laverton, Seabrook, Williams Landing, Point Cook, Laverton North, Seaholme, Truganina, Hoppers Crossing, Altona Gate, Altona North, Williamstown North, Werribee South, Brooklyn, Derrimut, South Kingsville, Tarneit, Sunshine West, Newport, Essendon and Williamstown.