As a provider of self defence classes for over 20 years, we have seen a number of people who have had traumatic experiences. We are fully aware that people who have survived trauma require a structured program specifically for their needs.
The benefits of having a specifically structured self defence program with Self Defence Hub are:
- Personal Teacher Attention - Many students flourish under one-to-one tuition. With a private class you can progress through skills as quickly or as slowly as you desire and are comfortable with.
- Customised lessons to suit your needs - Your program will be completely customized depending on your situation and desire to learn aspects of self defence. We tailor and the lessones based on what you prioritise as critical self defence skills and work through your questions during each class.
- Personal Empowerment Workbook - we encourage you to work through your personal empowerment journal which covers a range of topics on self empowerment.
- Classes can be held at our private location or outdoors.
- and ANYONE CAN DO IT!
Private VOC self defence program covers:
- Assess dangerous situations
- Escape from simple holds
- Defend against weapon attacks
- What to do if you’re pinned to the wall
- Complete simple but effective strikes to disable the opponent
- Workshop different scenarios
- Discussions on long term mental health plans
This is a private self-defence session with our warm and approachable 5th Dan black belt instructor Andre. You are welcome to bring a friend to participate with you at no extra cost.
I enjoyed the experience and now feel much more confident in defending myself... I highly recommend it to beginners.
- Natasha Abrahams
How do I book?
Simply request a quote and we will send you further information on how to sign up. You can also apply for financial assistance through Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal (VOCAT). For more information visit: https://www.victimsofcrime.vic.gov.au/going-to-court/compensation-and-financial-assistance.
Is there any contact in this program?
There is precision striking on training pads and shields. During the class I wil be showing you how to disengage with your opponent. In order to do so, I will be grabing your wrist and shoulders (with your permission). There will also be light contact if we go through basic knife defence but there is no point in the class that you will be hurt.
I have never had lessons before, is this right program for me?
Yes. If you have ever wanted to know how to defend yourself in the street or home, this is the program for you. We will customise each private class to your needs. Unlike group classes you will have the teachers full attention and can ask all your questions for different situations.
This private self defence program suits all fitness levels and all levels of experience.
What should I wear to class?
Participants should wear comfortable and loose fitting clothes and shoes you can move around in.
How long is this program?
We have 2 programs (6 months and 12 months) consisting of 1 hour lessons a week. This gives us time to gain insight on what you require. We may not be doing physical activity for the full hour however, we will be covering different scenarios and also working through the self defence hub personal empowerment workbook.
Can I bring someone?
Yes, all victims of crime programs are open for you to bring a friend / support person for the duration of the program at no additional cost.
Where do you run classes?
We usually run classes outdoors. A few set outdoor locations we like to use are listed below however, if you would like an indoor venue, we can book a community centre room for extra privacy.
- Fitzroy Gardens - East Melbourne - Available most days
- H D Graham Reserve - Altona Meadows - Available most days
- Hatt Reserve - Williamstown - Available most days
- Queens Park, Moonee Ponds - Available Thursday afternoons
- Laverton Hub Community Centre - Available most days
Other locations we cover are Melbourne CBD, Laverton, Seabrook, Williams Landing, Point Cook, Laverton North, Seaholme, Truganina, Hoppers Crossing, Altona Gate, Altona North, Williamstown North, Werribee South, Brooklyn, Derrimut, South Kingsville, Tarneit, Sunshine West, Newport, Essendon and Williamstown.