Membership Terms and Conditions
It’s a condition of enrolment that members are aware of and agree to abide by the Self Defence Hub terms and conditions. We also expect Junior students, and their parents on their behalf, to read and understand these terms and conditions.
All members and their guests use Self Defence Hub facilities at their own risk. Self Defence Hub cannot accept responsibility for damage or injury through use of any facility. Furthermore, Self Defence Hub is not responsible for any lost or stolen items, or damage to property or vehicles.
Damage to Self Defence Hub property must be paid for by any member who wilfully or negligently causes such damage. Members are responsible for damage caused by their guests or children.
MEMBERSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS
All membership fees must be paid in full as agreed. Our staff are trained to explain to you the terms and conditions of our memberships, to ensure that you make an informed decision when joining Self Defence Hub for your training needs. All membership fees are calculated over a 12-month period irrespective of holidays.
Self Defence Hub offers two membership types — a Term Membership or a fortnightly Direct Debit Membership. Respectfully, practising members must be financial members.
Term memberships are available at discounted rates for either 6 or 12 months. To qualify for the discount, new members must pay in full at the start of their membership period. When a Term Membership is renewed, discounts apply only when payment is made within 14 days of the renewal date. Family discounts do not apply to already discounted term memberships. There are no refunds for term memberships.
Direct Debit Memberships
Direct Debit fortnightly memberships are calculated over a 12-month period irrespective of Centre closures. This membership type is pay-as-you-go and ongoing for a 12-month period. Payments are made via direct debit to your credit card, cheque or savings account. A minimum term of 3 months applies to direct debit memberships. Changes to direct debit memberships can be made with at least 5 business days’ notice by filling out a Customer Request Form at reception.
Should the membership reject and incur a bank fee, that fee will be added to the member’s rejection amount.
Family discounts for immediate family members only of 5% per member apply to term and direct debit memberships paid by cash, cheque, EFTPOS or credit card (except American Express).
Family discounts apply to membership fees and gradings only. Family discounts do not apply to equipment costs or events.
Members can suspend their membership for a minimum of 14 days, as long as their fee payments are up-to-date. To suspend a membership, fill out a Customer Request Form at reception.
There is no need to suspend over the Christmas holiday period as our annual closure period has already been taken into account. Class payments are spread out evenly over a 12-month period. Please advise reception if you are going away for an extended period of time around Christmas and the time period beyond four weeks will be adjusted.
Membership start or renewal times are never backdated.
Members can cancel their membership any time after 3 months of joining with at least 5 business days’ notice. To cancel a membership, fill out a Customer Request Form at reception. Membership fees must be paid in full to the effective date of cancellation. Members are welcome to keep training until the effective date of cancellation.
Membership price increase notices are displayed at reception in all centres for 14 days before any increase.
Terms & Conditions Changes
Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice and posted on www.selfdefencehub.com.au.
New conditions are effective immediately from the date of change.
Annual student accident insurance is compulsory through our club insurance provider. Policy and claims information is available from the Self Defence Hub Membership Coordinator. Claims must be made directly to the insurer, not Self Defence Hub, within 30 days of the incident. The incident must be recorded on an Accident Report Form at the time it occurs. Student accident insurance is not intended to replace members’ own medical/hospital benefit insurance.
Change of Address
We ask that members notify us of a change of mailing address, email address or telephone numbers as soon as possible. It’s essential that you keep this information up-to-date so that we can contact you if necessary or in an emergency. Your email address is also used to tell you about news and events.
Membership Photo ID
Each member receives a non-transferable photo identification membership card. Your card will be issued within 14 days of you joining Self Defence Hub.
If your membership card is damaged, lost or stolen, a $10 replacement fee applies.
All members must show their Membership Photo ID at reception when entering Self Defence Hub. The number on the back of the card is used to record each visit. No card means no entry.
If you encourage a friend to do an Intro at Self Defence Hub and they decide afterwards to join, tell them to mention your name at enrolment and you’ll receive a $50 gift voucher. Gift vouchers are redeemable for Self Defence Hub Birthday Parties and Self Defence Hub merchandise. Vouchers are valid for 12 months and can be used collectively. They are not redeemable in cash, fees or events.
TRAINING AND FACILITIES
Progress and Concerns
Members can discuss their progress or concerns with our instructors or staff at any time.
Always call us if you can't attend class, so we can help you catch up.
Students on a base Term Membership or Direct Debit Membership can train up to once per week.
Pro members can attend unlimited classes and specialised sessions.
CODE OF CONDUCT
We believe members should always act in ways that acknowledge pride in Self Defence Hub and themselves. Self Defence Hub members are expected to always use common sense and are regarded as being under the centre’s discipline when on the premises or at Self Defence Hub functions.
- To maintain a comfortable atmosphere in the centre, and to allow members to train in a positive environment, we ask that members exhibit disciplined and responsible conduct
- Self Defence Hub retains the right to discipline, suspend or dismiss any member from its centre, on the grounds of unsatisfactory conduct or performance of the member or the member's parent, or failure to observe any of our rules
- Take pride in your uniform by wearing it neatly and appropriately
- Always use common courtesy, good judgement and general good manners, which includes responding kindly and politely to the words and actions of other people
- Be considerate and respectful of others, which includes considering the volume of your voice, swearing and offensive language
- Consider your own safety as well as the safety of others — be careful where you place your possessions
- Do not chew gum
Grooming and Personal Hygiene
At Self Defence Hub we consider training as a close contact sport. We ask that members maintain high standards of personal hygiene and keep their fingernails and toenails clean and trimmed.
Members who take part in demonstrations should also take extra care of their personal appearance, as they are seen as role models to a broad audience. They must set a good example, as the image they project portrays the reputation of Self Defence Hub.
Self Defence Hub staff may take photographs of students at times, in class or at events, which may be used on our website or social media sites.
Tell us if you don’t want your photograph taken or published.
Training Rules and Guidelines
Self Defence Hub is committed to providing positive and dynamic martial arts training facilities. To do so, some guidelines need to be followed for the benefit of all members and for the constant and never-ending improvement of the training centre. We want you to train effectively and realise your goals.
- Members are asked to not infringe on the rights of others, nor bring discredit through their actions on themselves or Self Defence Hub
- Adherence to our rules and guidelines will help us to run more efficiently and let us serve you better
- Work on your fitness with meaning 24/7
- Show your membership card at reception on arrival so your attendance can be recorded
- Bow on entering and leaving the training hall
- Always wear the proper uniform
- In cold weather, you can wear Self Defence Hub merchandise over your dobok; no other attire is allowed
- Bag shoes can only be worn in special circumstances; discuss with your instructor if needed
- For safety reasons, wear no jewellery in class
- No chewing gum is allowed
- Use only your own water bottle
- Use your own training gear in contact sparring such as mouthguard, groin guard, arm and shin guards, chest protector and head guard
- No food is allowed in the training hall
- Members taking medication (e.g. asthma inhaler) should have it with them at all times and tell their instructor
- Member allergies must be indicated on forms
- We are a nut free centre. Please do not bring anything in the centre that has any type of nuts in the ingredients.
- Abusive language or misconduct is not tolerated
- A high standard of personal discipline is expected
- Warming up before training and cooling down after training is essential to prevent injurieS
- Tell your instructor in advance if you need to leave early
- Self Defence Hub is smoke free inside and around the perimeters of centres
- Spectators can enter the main training hall by instructors’ invitation only
Members, their parents or legal guardians realise that sometimes injuries may occur while doing martial arts and sports due to accidents. They will not hold Self Defence Hub, its instructors or event organisers and helpers responsible for any injuries that may occur and agree to Self Defence Hub staff seeking medical help or administering first aid in the case of injury as deemed appropriate. Costs associated with the injury will be the responsibility of the member, parent or legal guardian.
- Hits: 1119